Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Melancholy Moppet

Aletha here with a project created with one of Heather’s amazing  Melancholy Moppets. I would like to introduce you to “Natalia Melancholy Moppet.” Isn’t she adorable? It’s really hard for me to pick a favorite from Heather’s Lacy Sunshine store, but I do have a special place for her moppets.




I’ve got to say…Natalia was a joy to work with. Natalia was colored with Copics and accenting with glitter pens. She was then trimmied and layered on turqouise, red, and black cardstock.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20
Hair: C1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Music Box Base: W0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
Clothing & Music Box Embellishments:
BG000, 01, 05, 07, 09, 90, 93, 96, 99
R21, 22, 24, 27, 29, 89



I decided an easel card was what was needed for Natalia’s music box. I found a music themed embossing folder that would work for my background. After the embossing I added some metallic silver chalk ink to most of the raised areas. After that ink was dried, these two backgrounds were then layered on more of the turquoise, red and black cardstock.

My embellishments were some paper roses in black and red. I found a metal rose and gold corners to finish off the easel card.



I am thrilled that you stopped by today. Did you know that Lacy Sunshine has bi-weekly challenges? We would love to have you. We would also like to invite you to our Lacy Sunshine Facebook Group. There’s something going on every day.

I hope that the rest of your week is fantastic and creative. I will see you next time. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane
Lacy Sunshine Creative Designer

8 comments:

  1. beautiful, and also to created the depht in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous..lots of worked and it def paid off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Aletha!! Love it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's stunning and black is so hard to work with, you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, amazing coloring x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Aletha! Your coloring really make this look 3D. Fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete