Thursday, July 31, 2014

Christmas in July at Lacy Sunshine

It is the end of July today, so why not show you a project that I worked on as part of Heather’s Lacy Sunshine Creative Team. This is one of the most awesomeness creative teams that I have been on in my Copic marker journey.


Today I want to introduce you to Eleanor, Santa’s Little Helper. This is the one and only Eleanor in the art world and she was a joy to color with my Copics. After the coloring was complete, Eleanor was trimmed with a die and then layered on several layers of cardstock, red and green of course.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20
Hair: C1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 100 black
Reds: R81, 83, 85, 89
Greens: YG61, 63, 67
Yellows: Y11, 15, 17, with
E31, 33 for shading
Fur: C00, 1, 2

I kept the holly motif going throughout my design. I really had a lot of fun with all the holly dies that I used in this project. After die cutting some of them, and before they were released from the die, I added some distress ink to the embossed areas. In some of my pictures you can see where I added some clear glitter pens to the holly leaves. This helped bring out the green. To complete the card I added the red flat-backed pearls. After this little piece of art, I need to purchase more of these little gems. ;)



Complete recipe:
  • Eleanor digital image
  • Cardstock: Stampin’ Up!’s Graden Green and Cheery Cobbler
  • Designer paper: Gina K Designs Merry Little Christmas
  • Dies: Spellbinder’s Matting Basics A and Holly Motifs
  • Glitter: Wink of Stella Brush Marker Clear
  • Ink: Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
  • My stash: Red Flat-backed Pearls




We have a lot going on in our Lacy Sunshine circle. There is a bi-weekly challenge at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog. Our challenges include a “loyalty program.” Check out the details here. I know you don’t want to miss that. We also have a fun Lacy Sunshine Facebook group. There’s usually contest and other fun happenings there also.

Thanks for stopping by. There is no shortage of creative inspiration here on our Lacy Sunshine blog. Why not stop by every day and get your creative spark going.
Aletha Jane
AJ’s Design Artz
Lacy Sunshine Creative Designer

3 comments: