Friday, November 28, 2014

Rory’s Lil’ Reindeer

Howdy from Tulsa, Oklahoma! It has been a long time for me to be able to post anything, but I am back in my studio and enjoying every minute.

Today I have a very cute Christmas ornament using Rory’s Lil’ Reindeer and some of my on-hand supplies. You can find Rory’s Lil’ Reindeer exclusively at Sweet Pea Stamps in a digital format or as a rubber stamp, which ever media you prefer to work with.

Rory and her reindeer were first colored with Copics with some white gel pen as accents.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20;
Hair: E29, 37, YR25, Y15, 26;
Antlers: E70, 71, 74, 77, 79;
Reindeer and Feedbag: E21, 23, 27;
Clothes & Scarf:
YG03,17,21, 67, and
RV13, 19, 34, 69, and
V01, 05, 06, 09;
Holly: G40, 82, 94, 99;
Basket: E23, 37, YR24, Y26, and
RV13, 19, 34, 69, and
V01, 05, 06, 09;
Shoes: C1, 3, 5, 7, 9;
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, 3, and
White gel pen.

After the coloring I started the assembly. First I decided that the ornament was going to be oval.
I die cut the image and purple cardstock with an oval die.


The next steps were to trim with the cotton lace on both pieces,
2 rows of lace per piece.
My gold trim is from the miniature tree section at Hobby Lobby.
I always check there because some of those miniature
trimmings are perfect for paper crafting.

 Rory’s Lil’ Reindeer ornament is complete.

I have tied the ornament on a stand with some gold ribbon.
Now it is ready for display.

There are some very fun Lacy Sunshine places to visit. We have our challenge blog, Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog, and our Facebook group, Lacy Sunshine. I hope you come and play with us.

Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time…have a safe and happy holiday season.
Aletha Jane
Lacy Sunshine Creative Team

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Aletha! A show piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning and gorgeous colouring too :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so pretty gives me some ideas TFS

    ReplyDelete