Monday, August 31, 2015

Treacle Toffee Sticky Wings

Hi All, Cindy here with another inspiration project for this month. Fall is fast approaching in my neck of the woods and I have decided to use a project that reminds me of fun times at the fall fairs.



This little lady is called Treacle Toffee Sticky Wings, and she can be found at the shop here.
 I have made her 3.5 inches tall, then cut her at 4.25 by 2.75 inches and matted her onto a piece of Real Red Card Stock. 
For coloring her I have used copics and a bit of Stardust Stickles for her wings. 
Here are the colors I have used. 

I decided on a square card, and have used Real Red card stock for the base, which was cut at 5.25 by 10.5, and scored at 5.25. After this I looked in my stash of papers to find something suitable to go with this little gal, and found the papers, which are from the set called Summer Picnic by Stampin Up. I used one sheet of one of the papers cut at 5 by 5 inches for the first layer. 
The other two pieces were cut at 1.75 by 3.5 and then matted with Pacific Point card stock pieces cut at 2 by 3.75 inches. I put them onto the sheet at an angle as i wanted some of the apples on the sheets to show underneath the image. I then added the image on top. To accent the pieces I used color dots, which are self adhesive enamel dots and then added the ribbon, but before adding it I had to color it as I only had the ribbon in white, which I didn't want. so I added 5 drops of re inker to about 2 ounces of 70 % rubbing alcohol to a mini mister and then shook it to mix it good and sprayed the ribbon. Easy way of coloring your ribbon to match your project, Waited for it to dry then added to project, you can dry it with a heat gun as well if you wish. Thanks for coming along and hope you enjoyed my project. 
Cindy van Oorschot



No comments:

Post a Comment